Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2005 Clio 2 Dynamique 1.4 16v and I had to change the front bumper and off side wing. The problem I have is I am unable to slide the bumper fittings into the near side wing fittings. The off side fittings marry up lovely and click into place (i.e. both the new parts) but after much huffing & puffing and pushing and cursing the near side will not click into place.

Any ideas please? I have some of my own but I want to hear from you guys see if you are thinking what I'm thinking.

Thanks in advance, Boyleman.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Are they new parts or used ones?.If they were used,were they from an exact year match to yours?.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If they are genuine parts then it could be the fact that they have been modified/updated.

If they are pattern parts,then they won't fit due to....erm....well,the fact that they are pattern parts.:d

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
Can you tell if the new wing and the old one have the same fittings? The parts can change ever so slightly for year to year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FoxOkay, yes they do. Bumper has rectangular holes which slide onto protrusions under wing which grip bumper. I will take photo tomorrow and post. Signing off now as watching footy.

Thanks all for now, Boyleman.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please see attached photos of the bumper and wing areas that are not on speaking terms. I think it is due to the small differences in build between the OEM part (wing) and the Aftermarket part (bumper).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I would stand by what I said a few posts ago,and you are thinking along the same lines by the looks of it.Pattern/aftermarket body panels are a nightmare in general.....

Time to get a small drill and some self tappers out I think.:d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts