Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

It's a 1999 Clio automatic. All of our indicators and the hazards stopped working at the same time. There is still the sound but no lights outside or in the dashboard. It's not a fuse. It's not the bulbs (also because they light up when I lock the car).

I've had a look at connections in the fuse board (interior), the relays and the fuses under the bonnet in with the engine. Lots of stuff I have read online seems to say that the problem will lie with the central relay in the passenger compartment relay board. I've even seen a photo of this board, and a schematic diagram. But I can't find it!!!

There was a thread on here:

Clio 2001: Indicators and Hazards not working **Fixed**

With exactly the same problem. And the poster also had trouble finding these relays, but then found them "under the passenger dashboard". Today I tried to take apart the dash but really can't find this relay board anywhere. Am I looking for something that doesn't exist on this model?

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Lewis

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,025 Posts
Under the glove box area he means.
Get down and look up.
Behind/under the glovebox area.
See if this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for help. I have looked there and I really can't find it, one of the photos below is a photo almost looking directly up from the footwell and you can see the hard plastic bottom of the glove box goes almost all the way to the back and there's nothing I can touch behind it, that feels like a relay..... Starting to wonder if there just isn't one in this model?

It's interesting as well because even in that diagram you sent (which I had seen already), they don't show the location of the in car relay, whilst they do with all of the others...

Any ideas? Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts