Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A change from the leaking & rattling posts - an electric one that won't close.

The panel goes back and forth but the rear wont drop flush when you try to close it. I went through the clio sunroof FAQ thinking it might have been a null-point issue but once I got the panel off I noticed that one of the rear guides was stuck and wouldn't move forward in it's runner - it appears that it's been pushed back too far (see pictures).

(sorry about the bluriness)
Judging by the shape of the bit's of metal the rear guide is pushed back by the front one (pics 2&3) , but this one has locked itself just that bit further back and I cannot see how it is released (and beleive me I've tried!).
Aside from removing the roof completely, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. As for your suggestion, I haven't done exactly that but I have tried a combination of two screwdrivers, one to push the metal plate (the bit that has a 'B' and a circle stamped on it) forward and another blade to try and ease whatever it is that's caught - there must be a hidden pin that follow the tracks in the plastic guide on the side - one pin is visible in the first pic above the plastic guide and judging by the way it 'twists', when I'm applying some reasonable pressure, the hidden pin is just below and also towards the front of the assembly. I think I may have to simply apply a lot more sideways force to ease it's passage, maybe a small screwdriver poked underneath might help - I think I'm going to get some light in there first to see if I can't see exactly what's up.
Oh and I meant to add that it's an R plate in the new shape which I assume is a Clio 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After much fiddling focussed at the rear of the roof, I've found that there is a virtually unnoticeable strip of metal that is about 2 thirds of the length of the runners that slides back and forth and I'm beginning to suspect that it is this that is causing the problem. I notice that it has what appear s to be a small circular indentation (or it a hole) right at the very front which might have some function - I'd post a pic but it is so hard to see that it'd be pointless. Think it's time to remove the whole thing (shame about the weather and that my garage is full of junk!).
I'll post the question here - but I appreciate it might not get spotted - where can you get the foam (referred to in the sunroof removal faq) that seals the sunroof when I remove/refit the panel?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers - either I'll pop by a dealer this week or I'll pop it out sometime soon, before the summer, and see if something can be used as a substitute. Garage being emptied in advance just in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts