Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New person here. If I have to go somewhere first and say an official hello, let me know.

I have searched first before posting.

Any tips on removing the driveshafts?
The outer CV joint boots / gaitors need changing. No experience of removing driveshafts except on a Citroen Dyane, they just unbolt. It's never going to be that easy with the Clio. Does the caliper + disc have to come off?

Thanks in advance. I hope to be able to share some of my limited Renault knowledge, early Clios and a fab R25 years ago.

·
Super mod..
28,318 Posts
If you search you tube you will find many vids on there for the Mk2 clio..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phil.

I did notice the videos when I first searched how to do this job. However, I live in an area with an awful mobile signal, so streaming vids isn't an option.

If there isn't a link to a written explanation, or if it's too complicated to explain, I'll wait until I'm in town in a few days, then look on youtube. It won't be rocket science but I'm always grateful for tips, e.g. is the hub nut reverse threaded, are there hidden clips anywhere etc etc.

·
Super mod..
28,318 Posts
Thanks Phil.

I did notice the videos when I first searched how to do this job. However, I live in an area with an awful mobile signal, so streaming vids isn't an option.

If there isn't a link to a written explanation, or if it's too complicated to explain, I'll wait until I'm in town in a few days, then look on youtube. It won't be rocket science but I'm always grateful for tips, e.g. is the hub nut reverse threaded, are there hidden clips anywhere etc etc.
This should give you some idea what you have to do..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts