Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a renault clio rsi 2000 (w reg)

the drivers window is faulty,u can hear the motor going but i think something is broken ,and renault want about £170 just for the part...

i think the part is a plastic bit ot sure

anybody know where i can get it from cheap or someone can do for me

thanks in advance

Richard:d

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,

My passenger-side window is faulty - it rarely opens but when it does it never closes! My local (independent) garage got it closed again by 'reversing the polarity' of the mechanism. I'm no Star Trek whizz (haha, etc) and certainly no Clio electronics boffin, but does it sound like I'm having the same-ish problem (and hence same solution) as the OP?

I can't hear any motor tho...

Cheers. :)

·
Administrator
13,101 Posts
Your may be the window motor module! Its a little electronic box that sits on the motor! They are prone to water ingress and that wrecks the circuit board inside it! Have you taken off the inside door panel?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have same prob with my drivers side window.bought part from ebay for £2.tricky part is fitting it which i'm going to attempt next weekend if weathers ok:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Clio 2007 drivers window faulty

Hi I have a 2007 1.2 5dr rip curl and I can hear the motor going when I press it either way, but the windows doesn't move any ideas this is the drivers window?

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
It might be either the plastic wheel between the motor and the winding spool or a problem with the cables. see the link to ebay for general window winding mechanisms and parts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=renault+window+regulator&_dmpt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

use selection on left to narrow down to your make and model for relavent parts available.

some parts are orginal Renault others are cheap chinese knock off's. parts sent from Turkey or Spain are orginal factory parts (they make a number of models of Renault out there.)

there are a number of UK stockists so quick delivery is possible.

simple parts like replacement clips are from £4 each

do take the soor card off to check whats failed, a Torx T25 is needed to remove the motor to check the diven spool.

Reactions: waylyn
1 - 11 of 11 Posts