Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my sister is ahving a big problem with her clio2 its a 1.2 dynamic sport the problem is we it wont start it turnes over but there is no spark so we have had a mobile mechanic out to test it on his diagnostics machine to no avail he checked the coil pack and noticed there was no spark and i only put new plugs in 2 weeks ago so yesterday we got a new coil pack for it and nothing it still wont start so i could really do with your help guys thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi
if you have no spark then i would say its the tdc sensor but before you replace it dose the imobliser light go out on the dash before you try to start it if so its the tdc sensor its located on top of the gear box where the gearbox meets the engine its held on by two 10mm bolts and a wireing clip try to clean it first as they cost aronud £50 of ebay but if you buy a new one make sure it has the blue conector not the black one as its been redesinged due to failure let me know how you get on cheers.
Steve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A warning due to personal experience. The blue and black TDC look exactly the same. However they have different locating lugs so they are not interchangeable. I bought a blue for my 200 clio 1.2 (ECP) only to find the plug would not fit. Identical in all but three positioning lugs clearly intended to prevent the wrong one being used.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
A warning due to personal experience. The blue and black TDC look exactly the same. However they have different locating lugs so they are not interchangeable. I bought a blue for my 200 clio 1.2 (ECP) only to find the plug would not fit. Identical in all but three positioning lugs clearly intended to prevent the wrong one being used.

It's the colour of the wiring connector block that has been changed - not the sensor itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's the colour of the wiring connector block that has been changed - not the sensor itself.
They do look identical. But as I said they are not interchangeable. The question is why was the change made? And why change the plug/socket if they are the same.

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
A few Renault models changed over to a blue sensor and connector plug.
I think it was due to poor connection problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts