Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have searched and searched on here but could not find anything, so i hope someone can help me out.
I purchased my renault clio 1.5 dci 2002 plate about a year ago, and i love it, very nippy etc.
I got this on a private sale .
Ever since i have had it the SERV light is always on and where the speedometer says 120 mph there is a little orange light like a dot always on ?
I have checked the wiring under the seats and they all seem to be connected and i am just wondering if it could be anything else ?
Also i have no instruction manual to read so i have spent hours and hours trawling the net for advice but nothing.
Also sometimes my drivers side especially the carpet area can be damp, could this be the problem, i cant seem to find any leaks at all, but the SERV light is really bugging me as it is always on and when i pick a mate up he alway says theres a fault with your car so can anyone help me ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Is this the airbag warning light you are referring to?

I get this alot when I move the passenger seat backwards or forwards.

There is a connector and cable at the front underside of the passenger seat that I "waggle" and the light / serv warning goes off.

Good luck !

·
Registered
1 Posts
As brumstoke said, it's probably the airbag connector under the passenger seat, apparently jiggling it about does fix the connection problem but personally I have had no luck with this.

The mechanic at my garage said there is very little that can be done about this, I dunno if i should trust this advice but what can you do.

As for your damp carpet, if you have a sunroof on your car it's a common problem for them to leak and it can run down the body work on to the floor and foot well.

I had to pull out the whole sunroof unit and re-set the seal and use waterproof sealant on the original seal that is supposed to stop this leakage.

Hope this helps some. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thanks for all your support guys.
Well i have wiggled all my wires.... sounds rude... lol
And stil lthe light is on, how frustrating, and there are loads of wires under the seats.
If i take it too my local renault garage will they charge me for the diagnostics machine to see what that says, and if so what kind of price would it be ?
The car is running beautifully as always, i am so lost here :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
With cars of our age, if the lights are bugging you that much, I think I'd be tempted just to disable the bulbs rather than line the pockets of a Renault dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Well went to Renault in Derby ( Co-op ) franchise.
The service guy looked at my car and as my car is OLD, well it is a 02 plate, they immed said my car has a fault and they never lifted the bonnet and never hooked it up to a computer ?
So they want me to come in next weds morning to leave the car with them, the cost is £55.00 and then they will tell me what the fault is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well an update, i had a oil and filter change today at my normal garage and they diagnosed my car on the machine and it turned out to be my AC sensor, so not to fussed as i never use the A/c, so alls well and not a fault with the engine. Thanks for all the help guys

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Did they give you an actual print out of the fault code?.It's odd that the aircon has put the SERV light on.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Did they give you an actual print out of the fault code?.It's odd that the aircon has put the SERV light on.
I would agree Lag. I have never seen a warniing light for air-con on a car of that age but I have seen incompatible code readers come with an air-con fault even when air-con isn't even fitted. It does seem to be a common erroneous code on incompatible code readers though.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he said after my service today that the car engine was excelelnt, and they did the oil change and all the filters and a good engine flush to kick out all the ****.
I personall ythought it may be a electrical problem as my in car tempreture reading is always wrong todays it says 43 degreees, i know it is warm at the mo, but not that warm... lol
I also had a parrot system installed in the car about a year ago and to be honest it is crap as it cuts out a lot, blue tooth device , do you think that could be a contribute to the faults then ?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If the Parrot is 'crap',then it's not fitted properly.

The sensor that is giving problems is the outside temperature sensor which is in the nearside mirror,I do fail to see how that will put the SERV light on though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi i know the tempreture setting is in the mirror now but for the SERV light it was my air con ditioning sensors that was the fault

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have been chasing Airbag and Service Light for over a year. have now removed and soldered all wiring under both seats. recently ran DTT2000 which showed fault with passenger airbag or key. thinking key was airbag override switch I operated this a few times and fault now cleared. since the OAT sensor is in passenger wing mirror your fault could be plug for passenger door as this could give both problems you have.:d

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi i got mine tested at a garage and they said it was a compressor unit to do with my Air con and it would cost about £350.00 to have replaced, i said bugger off as i never use the AC with the price of fuel as it is nowdays i never use it, so i am just stuck with the light on !!! most annoying, but thanks for your reply matey

1 - 17 of 17 Posts