Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else -if so someone please redirect me.

Today I got into the Clio to go to work (45 mile journey on A-roads) and the Engine Management light/Glowplug light came on after the engine had started. It then went off. As I went down the road it came on again everytime I accelerated and off everytime I changed gear and the rev's dropped.

Now I know its not the Glow plugs as I have just replaced all 4 and the car had been starting on 2 for a while with no fault indicator.

I'm thinking it might be the MAP sensor as when the engine rev's drop when the clutch is depressed it goes out?

Anyone shed any ideas on it?

The Car has done 125K but the engine has only done 50K as I had it replaced last year.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the EGR valve cleaned about a year ago but this was on the original engine so I'm not sure if the same EGR valve is fitted or if the replacement engine came with one.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to give this a clean as well!

How easy is it to get out - looking at the Haynes manual it seems like you have to remove quite a few things to get it off the engine?

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so here is an update.

Last night before I left work I decided to give the Clio a quick check over under the bonnet to make sure the fault wasn't anything simple. So I went through the electrical system and pushed in any electrical connectors/sensors I could find.

I also found a thread on this forum about checking an electrical switch on the accelerator pedal (where it is mounted on the bulkhead) so I pushed that in. Started up the car and no warning lights and the same again this morning.

All seems to be good but I think I am going to clean the EGR and MAP sensors at the weekend just to be sure and probably change the air filrer and check the fuel filter for water as well just as a matter of course.

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts