Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2003 CLio 1.4 Dynamique. I recently had to change the battery, upon doing this all of the dashboards lights came ABS, SERV, Engine Light, Handbrake, and Stop Light. The speedo is not working either so isn't the abs. I pluged in the diagnositic and it came up with 'Vehicle Speed Sensor Not detected'. I know that a few people had problems with the speed senors, I used a multimetre but they are all fine. I was just wandering that when i changed the battery it may had damaged the abs unit? is it the speed sensor faulty?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,409 Posts
I would be tempted to disconnect the battery again leave for a hour turn on the lights and then reconnect it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left it off all night, still to no avail. I don't know if this one has a speed sensor unit on them i was told it hasn't. The only thing left is the abs control module. Has anyone had experience of these failing???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked the resistance of each sensor from the main wiring harness that fits onto the abs unit and every sensor shows almost the same resistance of around 40m ohms. The rear sensors show slightly higher which is probably due to the extra wiring. I have also checked the main earths and battery +'s on the main harness all check out.

I could not get a 12+ on the brake pedal switch and ignition live however I might be checking the wrong pins on the main harness.

Could it be possible that the brake pedal switch and ignition live are in the same loom and both have broke?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,409 Posts
If it as a speed sensor it will most likely be on the rear of the gear box diff unit on the near side, have you checked any fuses inc the ones under the bonnet .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.