Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Clio 2010 1.5 dci and I have a strange behavior when I turn off the car is fighting back the engine shakes a bit too much. I don't know where to start. I don't have any error code. The engine is fire up working absolutely fine. It feel a bit slow on the other hand but I can't compare.

Thanks Tasos

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

Any idea? After some recherche, I read that diesel cars use throttle body for smooth turn off but not sure if my engine has one.

Thanks, Tasos

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

Any idea? After some recherche, I read that diesel cars use throttle body for smooth turn off but not sure if my engine has one.

Thanks, Tasos
Your engine will have a throttle body. I don't think it'll be just the throttle body causing you your issue. It could be a number of things. What kind of scanner are you using?

What engine series do you have? There is a few types of the 1.5dci.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,522 Posts
would clean the throttle body first , a flap inside, and when the engine is switched off, this flap closes and stops air getting into the inlet manifold, if not completely closing air can get inside, before the fuel injector pump switches off

Reactions: Andrew Capp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

I think my engine is K9K 766 but not 100% photo below to confirm.

I believe that the throttle body located

I will clean it and come back.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I have a proper look and there is no TB in there. I read that is possible an injector stuck open and cause that problem but the car is smooth and no smoke comes out from the exhaust soo I doubt that. Does anyone have an engine diagram or any recommendation that can help me? Not sure where to look next. I add some videos link below.

Thanks Tasos

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am no OCD in the video is not look so bad but the car is wobbling a lot.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok; I don't know for sure but my guess is either the air or the fuel isn't being cut off correctly, so the engine is trying to continue, and as you say it's fighting against the compressions. Could be an electrical contact not making properly somewhere ... I wish I could help you more, my Clio is petrol, but hopefully a Clio diesel expert will be on this forum somewhere ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts