Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my clio 2014 1.5 the fornt wiper does not stop and i cant turn of the headlight .
only way to turn off the wipers,
turn off the car remove the battry connect again . but when i start the car the wipers come on does not stop
any help
thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im having the same issue (also a new battery which I need to code)
I'm assuming the wipers is a separate issue, I disconnected the stalk and they still continue. They stop after 5 min or so and yes my lights are stuck on too. Currently I've disconnected the wipers and I hope to drive the car to somebody to code the battery for me.
Have you changed your battery? Just asking to eliminate that as a cause for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have changed the battery . do i need to code the battery
Take the car to a mechanic he said alternator not charging the battery.
i order new alternator changed still probelm there

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes the battery needs to be coded. I know it sounds mad but its due to the Stop-Start. The Charging system is different to a normal one due to the high loads put on it. I have tried with my own diagnostic gear and borrowed a mates Snap-on but I'm told that it needs to be a Renault Clip or a Launch. I've got somebody with a Launch coming this morning to "code the battery". I will let you know. The muppet that sold you an alternator needs shooting if you told him you had replaced the battery.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
A stop-start battery is a different type from traditional and has a more complex charging regime. At a minimum the battery management system needs to be told that there is a new battery installed (not sure what coding means - maybe a capacity/loading check). If this is not done then I would expect the stop-start at least to be de-activated. Permanently on lights and wipers etc are a rather odd consequence of a new battery. I would be looking for something else. Are there any signs of water ingress or corrosion around any of these units, or obvious water damage around electrical/electronic control units when you took the battery out. Otherwise where else do the paths of lights and wipers cross? I can only think of the steering column assembly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
to my understanding the stalk doesn't just connect the 12v supply to the wiper motor it asks a computer to switch on the wipers. When I say coding, I mean tell the car it has a new battery.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
to my understanding the stalk doesn't just connect the 12v supply to the wiper motor it asks a computer to switch on the wipers. When I say coding, I mean tell the car it has a new battery.
Correct and is it possible the "computer" has got wet. Or the underbonnet fuse/relays?

·
Registered
14 Posts
just had a fella with a Launch spend over an hour trying to find where he can register the battery change to no avail.
codes I have are..
DF0002 ALTERNATOR VOLTAGE CONTROL MALFUNCTION
DF0003 COMPUTER MAIN SUPPLY VOLTAGE OUT OF RANGE
DF0034 BATTERY REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
DF0047 BATTERY VOLTAGE SENSOR OUT OF RANGE
DF0048 STOP START CONFIGURATION ERROR
DF0051 COMBINED STALK ON STEERING COLUMN CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Any ideas anyone? Also what's the little sensor on the battery earth Clamp?

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, check this.
in the fusebox under the bonnet there is a 5amp fuse.
you have the large 80,50,80,70 then a 40 to the left and a small 5amp to the right. take a look at that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You had any luck yet with it?
well so far i paid 280£ to local mechanic same as before nothing fixed.
i have ordered renault clip on ebay .
on sunday i'm going to have a look at everything myself .
the little black sensor on the top the battery is a current sensor

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,078 Posts
Check the sensor on the windscreen,
Not sure how you get at it, but it should be in the casing thats part of the rear view mirror.

disconnect this , see if thats your issue..

·
Registered
14 Posts
well so far i paid 280£ to local mechanic same as before nothing fixed.
i have ordered renault clip on ebay .
on sunday i'm going to have a look at everything myself .
the little black sensor on the top the battery is a current sensor
Check the fuse! If you put the car on charge you may have blown the 5amp fuse. Its the fuse for the earth terminal sensor. They can also be a 7.5amp fuse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've sorted all my issues but for the lights. They don't work from the stalk. Checked every other fuse and swapped every relay over but no joy. The 5amp fuse I've marked sorted the charging and wipers. My lights stopped during the search for a cure hours I spent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've sorted all my issues but for the lights. They don't work from the stalk. Checked every other fuse and swapped every relay over but no joy. The 5amp fuse I've marked sorted the charging and wipers. My lights stopped during the search for a cure hours I spent.
by changing the 5 amp fuse fixed all the problem.
thank you oddshape
my light works
did you able fix you light
:)(y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think my UPC has failed. I will let you know if I have any success. I have plans for next week.
I also have the gearbox to sort that will take a little longer. Sounds and feels like the bearing from the first motion shaft is gone. It's my nieces car and my problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok just to let anyone else know who has a similar lights issue to me it was the UPC or rather the "passenger compartment computer" (black box with 4 plugs behind and right of the glovebox). I could see on my diagnostic that the stalk was telling the car to turn the lights on and I could use my diagnostic to test the lights (all worked) but the two wouldn't work together to turn the lights on. Found a UPC on ebay for £16 plus postage. My theory was to plug it in and see if the lights worked then sort out getting it coded. Well it didn't need coding and it turns out its just plug and play (assuming its the right one for the car). This one was from a car a few months older and having the same engine, satnav etc.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
22,420 Posts
ok just to let anyone else know who has a similar lights issue to me it was the UPC or rather the "passenger compartment computer" (black box with 4 plugs behind and right of the glovebox). I could see on my diagnostic that the stalk was telling the car to turn the lights on and I could use my diagnostic to test the lights (all worked) but the two wouldn't work together to turn the lights on. Found a UPC on ebay for £16 plus postage. My theory was to plug it in and see if the lights worked then sort out getting it coded. Well it didn't need coding and it turns out its just plug and play (assuming its the right one for the car). This one was from a car a few months older and having the same engine, satnav etc.
So how did you sort the battery coding/recognition problem ? there has been a guy with a twingo stop start and battery problem posting and that has not been resolved..

·
Registered
14 Posts
So how did you sort the battery coding/recognition problem ? there has been a guy with a twingo stop start and battery problem posting and that has not been resolved..
battery doesn't need coding. The fuse gets blown by putting a charger on that charges a higher amperage than the fuse I have shown in the picture. The 5amp can be a 7.5amp too. This seems to confuse the hell out of the computers onboard. What's the twingo issue?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts