Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anyone know the torque limit/specification for the stock clutch on the Clio mk3 1.5dci 106hp?
I'm thinking of getting it tuned and just want to make sure it's not gonna completely fry the clutch
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,871 Posts
A lot depends on what you mean by tuning.
A remap for more tractability, lower end performance and perhaps 20Hp extra at full chat, I would not worry on it.
Intend to totally overboost, mechanics to suit and hope to double HP....forget the standard clutch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, the one im looking at would bring it from 106hp to 126hp and from 240nm to 311nm of torque, so not quite doubling, and it brings the majority of the torque increase around the 2-2.5k mark

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,871 Posts
Okay....personally I would not worry on it but it does depend on your style of driving.
The sort of tuning you seem to be talking on is the first type, what I call a sensible remap, gets rid of the emission control based mapping and makes the beasty more drivable in traffic.... and I would not worry on the clutch not taking the power.
Unless you are a boy racer intent on dropping the clutch at high revs and maximising wheel spin.
For more normal drivers, you will find that you are not having to rev so much to keep up with traffic and have more power available for hills and overtaking. You will notice the difference but doubt that you will be maxing it at every opportunity.
To put it in perspective, the Megane 225 produces 225hp and about 300nm torque.
And uses the same basic clutch as the 1.9dci....with DMF and (I think) stronger pressure plate fingers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts