Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
Hi there,
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove the external door handle from my Clio 3 (2006).
I've stripped out the door card, and tried to undo the T30 screw found behind the grommet on the side of the door above the door catch securing screws; this screw does not seem to come out.
I've been able to remove the small part of the door hanlde, but not the main bit, ie the pull section.
I need to change it because the proximity switch has stopped working, and I am unable to press the button to lock it (keyless entry system).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Renault Card keyless entry lock switch went so I've had this all apart to clean it.

I can see how it's meant to work. If you look at the mechanism the handle goes into, at the rear is a white plastic lever that is operated by the handle. The white moulded component that this is part of can slide forwards. Pull the handle so the lever rotates the white bit then slide the whole white bit with the metal attachment forward. Release the handle and the white bit clips itself into a forward position in the black plastic housing. It should be possible to now remove the handle - at least that's what I think Renault intended. In practice, mine was warped so the handle didn't clear the lever when pulled backwards and so still needed to be gently prised free with a screwdriver.

I'm doing the job again today as now the stupid unlocking sensor has now given up and the lock switch is still dodgy. Grrr.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Right - easiest way to release the handle is as follows:

Remove the door card.
Undo the torx bolt under the blanking plug 'til the rear part of the handle comes off.
Cut the access flap in the foam door membrane.
Unplug the door handle connector from the front of the module assembly.
Pull the door handle like you're opening the door.
Stick your hand inside the door and push the white and metal assembly forwards holding it forward as you release the handle.
Slide the handle as far back as it will go and then poke a wide flat blade screwdriver in through the access flap in the membrane.
Gently prise the white lever and the door handle apart and then pull the handle outwards.
The handle will come free at the back and can now be removed.

I must say it was quicker second time around now I know where all the screws and trim clips are. The whole job of changing the defective module and the handle only took 30 minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Alfixit
Glad I found your reply, the locking button on my door has stopped working so will have to replace it when I get a replacement handle. Cheer for the info. :cool:

Scuba

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.