Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

So after upgrading the front speakers it is time for a new head unit. I ordered a Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB but I am uncertain how many adapters I need. I have attached a picture of my current head unit(From the front since I did not get the removal tools yet)

For now I will stick to FM radio but maybe later I will add a DAB-antenna. Should be at least three years before they switch off FM in Denmark.

Getting the wheel controls working seems to be a bit expensive so I think I will try without those at first.

But the question is: Which adapters do I need to connect FM-antenna, Speakers and power?

Thanks

Ben

Attachments

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,148 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

Yes, to get the steering wheel controls working I need either CTSRN006.2 or CTSRN007.2. But what if I for now ignore the wheel control and just want the radio playing with minimum effort? Will I need any adapters then ? I haven't had the chance to look at the back of my current head unit yet.

Ben

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Turns out I did not need any adapter to connect power+speakers. I just used 2 of the 3 plugs and it plays :) I guess the third(top one) is for wheel control etc.

I will however need an adapter for the aerial, see attached picture of the stock headunit. Anything to consider regarding e.g. active antenna or do I just get the cheapest one with the correct plugs?

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts