Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I recently bought the above car for my son and soon found out that there was a problem with the auto lights and rain sensor. Whilst getting a new windscreen inserted today autoglass indicated that the ribbon that is connected to the sensor did not have a connector attaching it to the sensor and wonder if a connector can be easily connected or whether a new ribbon is required and guess if the latter the cost would be significant. Also where to get a connector if possible?
Also another questions that if a connector was easily inserted how to get the rear view mirror off as looked for a you tube video and nothing for a mark 3 clio and i forget to ask the autoglass guys?

·
Registered
584 Posts
The whole unit is glued to the screen. We found this out when it fell off. :mad:
It's quite heavy and we had trouble gluing it back on. I guess windscreen companies have the right glue.
When it falls off it dangles by the ribbon cable, so it's possible this has happened in the past and caused damage to the cable. The ribbon disappears up into the headlining, not sure where the other end is.
I guess a connector could be had from a breakers, if you can solder the cables together. But you need a high-spec Clio (ours is the Initiale), as the basic models have a more basic mirror unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts