Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I purchased a Renault clio Dci 65, 51 plate about 2 months ago. It seems that there is no on-board computer to say the MPG, miles left in tank, etc...

Can someone please confirm if this information is not available, if it is available how can i view it?

I hope you understand the question

Regards

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Did you get a handbook with the car (it should describe how its done) - if not ask a renault dealer or someone who has a similar model. There's an old saying "if you don't ask you don't get"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply madnoel10

Yeah i got a handbook, it says if you press the button on the right stalk then it will display the info (mpg, miles left, ...)
but when i press it nothing changes

So i was wandering if anyone can tell me why?

"If you dont ask you dont get" i am asking, lol.

Yeah you are right, i can try my local dealer. But wanted to try here first.

Thanks

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, just at that age of Clio they changed from the Clio2 Phase1 to the Phase2 .... which type is yours ... ?

Easy way to tell is the rear lights and the radio antenna ... if the lights are all red in colour and the antenna is at the front of the car then its a Phase1 ... and I'm sure there is no onboard computer as such (mileage, oil check & trip) except for the RXE models whic had mileage, fuel used etc ... worth a check.

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
The antenna is at the back of the car, and all the rear lights are red except for the reverse they are white (is this what you mean!)

thanks

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Clio reset

Hi Omario -was that while you were on the mobile phone - only joking - you can't check or reset whilst in motion as during this time the computer will be gathering data from other sources - its a bit like you trying to listen and speak at the same time - although my wife claims she can do it perfectly well (ha Ha)- you should hear the rubbish she spouts at times. At first the reset thingy seems a bit complicated -but it can vary on some cars. Which button are you pressing the wiper or the radio stalk. You may have better luck if this post was in the electronics section. Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts