Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Clio in August last year ex-demo with 2000 miles on the clock. I noticed about 2 months ago the display was fussy in a certain area. I took the car to the dealer and they said scratches on the screen is causing the problem and implied I had caused them. I am the only person to drive the car and have only used the microfibre cloth provided by Renault. I have only driven the car 1600 miles; I cannot think of anything I have done to cause the damage. I very rarely use the screen because I use Android Auto. I have attached a pic and the damage is about a third from the left.

Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

IMG_20210608_154938936.jpg

·
Registered
790 Posts
I bought the Clio in August last year ex-demo with 2000 miles on the clock. I noticed about 2 months ago the display was fussy in a certain area. I took the car to the dealer and they said scratches on the screen is causing the problem and implied I had caused them. I am the only person to drive the car and have only used the microfibre cloth provided by Renault. I have only driven the car 1600 miles; I cannot think of anything I have done to cause the damage. I very rarely use the screen because I use Android Auto. I have attached a pic and the damage is about a third from the left.

Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

View attachment 191524
The dealerships have no concept of how their own electronics are put together. In this case, no knowledge on how any touch screen is put together.

Between the LCD and the gorilla glass that you touch. There is the digitizer. This scratches on your panel are nowhere near deep enough to stop your touch being picked up by the digitizer. The likelihood is, your digitizer conductors are dead in that particular part of the screen. The only way to rectify that, is either they (Renault) install a new screen digitizer or whole screen assembly. Or, replace the entire R-link unit.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Renault are using resistive touch on their stereo units. Resistive touch is garbage anyway, at least against the later technology we use in mobiles now. Either way, Renault need to take responsibility and rectify this issue for you.

If your dealership won't help you. Contact Renault directly. They should help you.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
It looks to me like like the screen is delaminating, that's 100% a screen fault (disclaimer - I haven't seen it).
If the fault is below the glass and it looks like it is, go back to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts