Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My clio was in a small accident, no air bag deployment just a cracked bumper. Ever since then it turns over and tries to start but doesn't fire up, it has a solid immobiliser light on when trying to start is that normal? any help much appreciated

Thank You!! :confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just a guess here, but does it have a fuel cut off switch in the engine bay? might look like a red "push button" type of thing.

A lot of cars have this button and need to be pressed after a sudden deceleration.
I THINK!!

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
you don't mention what year it is, some have a fuel cut off near the battery but this would not normally cause the imobiliser light to stay one. Try manipulating the three small relays in the engine bay in the relay fuse box, a solid immobiliser light normal means there is no power to the injection computer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ever so sorry its a 2004 MK2 Extreme. will have a look tomorrow see if i can find a switch.

Thanks for your help

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but i think the problem might be that your ecu has registered the bump and won't let the engine start up as a safety precaution so it might need resetting or it could be down to the emergency fuel cut off switch witch can be triggered in an accident or more than likely both . the fuel cut off switch on the megane is on the passenger side of the engine bay witch has a red button on top which can be pressed to reset it but if the ecu is preventing the engine from starting you'll need to get that sorted .

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
if it has a fuel cut of switch it won't have a cut off in the air bag computer, even if it did it only cuts in when to drivers/passenger front air bag has gone off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts