Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 61 plate Renault Clio tomtom dynamqiue. My problem is I have changed the radiator as it was damaged when purchased, had air con regassed, fitted a new pressure sensor. The air on system now works but is not cold, the air con clutch is kicking in fine, pollen filter has also been replaced. Any help would be appreciated thanks .

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
You've done a lot to the car. Please produce a timeline of when each bit of work was carried out, and exactly what point you noticed the air con to blow warmer than usual.

Most common culprit is a loss of pressure. Leak test required.

Does the A/C light illuminate? Is the air recirculation switch/dial off? Do you have climate control?

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
............................. problem is I have changed the radiator as it was damaged when purchased, had air con regassed, fitted a new pressure sensor. The air on system now works but is not cold, the air con clutch is kicking in fine, pollen filter has also been replaced. Any help would be appreciated thanks .
So - "radiator" as in for the engine coolant or the aircon condenser in front of the actual radiator?

How long was this in that "damaged" (open to air) state?
If condenser rather than actual radiator then was a vacuum pulled before regas action?
Why the new pressure sensor required?

Clutch kicking in implies enough suction line pressure to overcome protection.

You really need a pressure gauge on the suction line to further troubleshoot this properly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically I purchased the car with a faulty front combined water and aircon radiator. I don’t know how long the aircon was depressurised. After changing the radiator I had the aircon gassed at which point I found the pressure switch to be faulty, replaced that and the system seems to work as it should, is just not cold. I.e ac light comes on recirculation works fine, system still pressurised with no leaks. at this point I’m lost

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Basically I purchased the car with a faulty front combined water and aircon radiator. I don’t know how long the aircon was depressurised. After changing the radiator I had the aircon gassed at which point I found the pressure switch to be faulty, replaced that and the system seems to work as it should, is just not cold. I.e ac light comes on recirculation works fine, system still pressurised with no leaks. at this point I’m lost
Reason I am asking about a vacuum is that if the system was open to atmosphere, then without a vacuum having been pulled on the system, you will have water in the system that completely stuffs up the refrigerant circulation since it freezes inside the AC plumbing on the expansion valve/evaporator and blocks the system

There really is not much more sensible we can do/suggest unless you can confirm the operating pressures in the system (give actual values at ambient temp with and without AC pump running at 2000 rpm) .........................

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,588 Posts
Didn't @Nexxusone have this on one of his cars.. I know he fixed it

How you find the info with this search system no idea

He might pop on and find you his link..

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
yeah i put 2x cans of R134 in as i didn't read the small print on 3rd different brand can of R152 (i think) 1 can of R152 is equivalent of 3x cans of R134..... R152 is also flammable ( basically used for computer duster air and deodorant propellant ) so i put around 5 cans when my Scenic required 3 to 4 cans (weighed on scales)

but agreed unless you refill A/C correctly a whole world of fun awaits...

pulling a vacuum to test for leaks (turn vac pump off) - if passes then pull a vacuum - leave pump running to boil off moisture. both these should be 45 to 60 mins each so 2 hours to complete - then you can refill with gas - hoses connected to a system holding vacuum and bled of any air in hose via gauge(s) vent valve, before opening valves / taps etc - basically so much room to make mistakes get done by a A/C garage...

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I will point out my A/C still working fine (used today) since correct (2nd attempt) regas by myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts