Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have a problem with the Gemini alarm on a P-reg 1996 Clio RT 1.4

Had to recharge the battery - when I replaced it the alarm started - and won't switch off. Bought the car 2nd hand - didn't even know it had an alarm (duh.) Found a "Gemini" alarm under the bonnet.

The normal immobiliser seems to work ok - plip key locks and unlocks the doors - but doesn't stop the alarm.

Does anyone know how to control it?

Thanks!

Wigan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There must be a way to reset it, is there a key slot on the alarm housing ?
No - no key slot that I can see - and it needs bolts undoing to get inside. (Looks like an original fitting and not a later add-on.) It's fitted just behind the glove box - but there's no key in there either.

The only reference to an alarm in the manual is for the fuses - one is for "Radio - Alarm" - not sure if that will disable it (looks too easy !)

Haven't tried to start the car (got to think of the neighbours and my eardrums)

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved

And the answer was :

Before you reconnect the battery, put the ignition key in and turn it to the second click (1st click = unlock steering; second click = ignition on; 3rd click = starter motor.)

When you reconnect the battery (carefully - all the electrics are ON) after a couple of chirps the alarm resets itself.

Was also advised that you might have to do this two or three times before it reset.

cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts