Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right iv got 3 badgs i want to pull ov me car, 2x Extreme 1's lol and the CLio n the back, are they stuck with sticky stuff or Clipped in the bodywork, cz some1 told me last night that they were clipped in, but i aitn 2 sure :S the extrem badges i kno just heat up wiv a hairdryer and itl come loose.. but the CLio 1 is buggering me :(

cheers pps :confused:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I think so, I believe most manufacturers phased-out the pre-drilled type because of corrosion issues.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Jamesy - here's the easy way to tell without doing damage - get some strong nylon thread or line (fishing line is excellent for the job). Pass the line behind the badge and and see-saw it back and forth - if it stuck on it will cut the adhesive without damaging the paintwork. If its on with press on studs or something similar you'll get nowhere. Warm any residual adhesive with a hairdryer and rub gently with your thumb and it should come off. Using fishing line is also a good way of removing stuck-on number plates.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, iv tried and its pissed me off cz there in the bodywork :steam: :steam: some1 know how much it would cost to get it off and robz fill in the holes ??

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
What panel is it on (boot, door, etc) - have you tried the line method I suggested. If its attached to the bodywork by clips you will be left with holes that'll need filled and then the panel repainted. Usually starts at about £160 per panel. Why not just stick some bright pink Barbie stickers on instead.:rofl: :rofl: That way you'll look real cool:steam:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ye its on the boot, £160 :crazy: ye i did try the Fishing line, but the 2 rubber plugs that hold the badge was there :(:( will the HAirdryer peel the paint on the doors when i pull the Extreme badges off? :confused:

thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Badgey Badger

You'll ony make a mess of it leave it alone - you'll have better luck selling it when the time comes. Otherwise you could end up having to paint the whole blinking car - hardly worth the time and money. Why do want the badges off anyway or it is just a case "It ain't broke but I'll keep fixing it until it is":rofl:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if i debage it itl loks better lol. il leave the Clio 1 as it stuck with plugs, but the Extreme's 1's have to come off cz their horrible lol

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Yeh whatever Jamesy - just keep fixin till its broke. Just to remind you its not good etiquette to use mobile text messaging language in most on-line forums.:rofl:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how can i brake the car by pulling 2 Extreme badges off?? and every 1 has a different way of typing im just used to the mobile txt way becouse its eaiser to type and people still understand it!!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Jamesy - now your typing looks a lot better and that way your more likely to get responses from your posts. I wasn't saying you'd break your car - it's just an old saying that means "sometimes it's best to leave things alone" "Modding" and "Podding" cars is not cheap and if its not carried out to a good standard it starts to look tacky.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh rite ok, i have left the Clio badge on there as i am not willing to pay "£160 a panel":mad: .. but im still dertimined to remove them 2x Extreme badges tho, but car will need a lot of polish to remove the stickiness..

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi jamesy - go easy with the polish - its best to get the adhesive of first because iis likely just to ball up on the cloth and introduce marks. Try removing the adhesive with white spirit or a drop of nail varnish remover. But always test on unseen area (like inside a wheek arch) first. If your brave enough you could try cellulose thinners.:)
P.S any chance of a couple of pics when the jobs finished

1 - 14 of 14 Posts