Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles would you expect to get out of front set of discs and pads for a 1.6 8v 3 door Clio, most of it is round town driving so no really 60-0mph emergency stops!

Been told at MOT today they both need changing 51K on clock is this good?

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine where changed around the 60k mark and are due for a change again soon(done 89k) might be because Iam a driving instructor, but I didn't need to change the pads on my old fiesta and that had done 100k.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your replay, the wife was told it was due to one disc wearing quicker than the other think there is an issue with the balancing, will get them to look at it when the fit new discs and pads, £110 supplied and fitted.

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
On average,pads last around 30k,but this obviously varies greatly on how the car is driven.Discs generally need changing every other pad change,so around 60k.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lagdti, probably is about the right time, car is 99T 1.6 8v RXE with 51K on now, we have had it since 36k 2 years ago, brakes are doing my head in at the minute as my scenic II needs discs and pads all round, could believe it when it failed on brakes!

Regards

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts