Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I currently drive a clio campus i-music sport 2007 1.2l 16v. I've looked online and most people who have the same cars get about 45mpg and also most websites say it should be capable of doing 47mpg however the max I've had was 34mpg which is big difference to what other people are getting and what's said it can do.

The car has done 66k miles and just had a full service couple of months ago. As a new driver I'm a very careful driver going at the appropriate speed limit of the road and not exceeding it. Mainly have driven it around town from may (when i bought it) but will be driving atleast 100miles 3 times a day to get to Uni.
Yesterday I topped up £10 of fuel to go on a 40miles journey and it's nearly used all of the £10 of fuel that i topped up. Pretty sure there is no leak, as I can't smell any fuel.

So wondering anyone know why my MPG is so low and what could be the cause of this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, you say you use it around town. You will find around town your MPG will drop. I'm sure when you start using it on longer motorway runs it will achieve the higher MPG you seek

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,153 Posts
I know cars are more fuel efficient these days but 34mpg around town sounds realistic and 45mpg for an A-road/motorway run is about right too.
45mpg around town is pie-in-the-sky unless you're driving something of around 700cc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, you say you use it around town. You will find around town your MPG will drop. I'm sure when you start using it on longer motorway runs it will achieve the higher MPG you seek
I know cars are more fuel efficient these days but 34mpg around town sounds realistic and 45mpg for an A-road/motorway run is about right too.
45mpg around town is pie-in-the-sky unless you're driving something of around 700cc.
Thank you both for your reply. I guess i'll just have to see how it does in the motorway because 35mpg to Uni is gonna kill my wallet! ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts