Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I have automatic lights on my Clio.

It seems you can only turn off the Automatic setting whilst the car is stationary, so if, say, the lights come on after going through a tunnel and it's not bright enough (or the sun is in the wrong direction) for the sensor to turn them off once you come out of the tunnel, you can't over-ride it to turn off the lights until you stop.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? You can turn the automatic setting "on" at any time but it's a real pain not being able to turn oit off.

Cheers

Sam

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Think you will find most cars won't allow you turn off the auto lights function whilst on the move. In my Citroen I have to have the key in the ignition but the engine not running to change from on to off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the Lag III the light switch can be off, sidelights, headlights or auto.

Check which position it is in.

Even if you're driving you can change the position.

I normally leave mine in auto but on these sunny mornings the car still thinks it too dark and switches them on. I will leave them on if the sun is particularly low so other users can see me, otherwise I'll switch them off.

I have also disabled the pointless DRL's in the setup menu (which has to be done when stationary).

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
On the Lag III the light switch can be off, sidelights, headlights or auto.

Check which position it is in.

Even if you're driving you can change the position.

I normally leave mine in auto but on these sunny mornings the car still thinks it too dark and switches them on. I will leave them on if the sun is particularly low so other users can see me, otherwise I'll switch them off.

I have also disabled the pointless DRL's in the setup menu (which has to be done when stationary).
The Clio is different.

If you want to deactivate them completely, turn the ignition on (not the engine), and flick the light switch from zero to sidelights then back to zero again - TWICE QUICKLY. You should here a beep to tell you it's worked. The lights will now never come on automatically.

Or if it's the newer Clio you need to click and hold the AUTO button on the end of the indicator stalk with just the ignition on. A message will come up on the dash - AUTO LIGHTS DE-ACTIVATED.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.