Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fan will not cut in. System flushed and bled. Heater works fine. Fan works if powered from the battery. Sensor switch replaced, fuses and relays replaced. Just cannot get the fan to kick it when the engine gets hot.
Could there be a problem with the ECU? That's the only part of the wiring diagram that I haven't tested.
Other than the fan the car is fine,

·
Registered
4 Posts
My daughters Clio 1.2 8V 1998 developed an ECU problem (still not fixed). Took it to a diagnostic chap mentioning that I thought it was related to the temp circuit. No problem he replied and began his diagnostic. He couldn't fix the problem, however during his test which had lasted 45 mins, with engine stopped, ignition on, I noticed that the temp gauge was now reading 7/8 plus. This high temp had only started once the chap delved into the ECU mapping. Worried about the high temp, I replaced the radiator fan thinking that it was broken but when testing the old one found it to work. I think you may have an ECU mapping problem, not an over temp problem. May need a diagnostic adjustment but don't take it to the same bloke as I did!, best of luck.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts