Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Just wondering if the dci's have a low pressure fuel pump in the tank at all?

I'm trying to get my clio running properly since being rebuilt and having new valves and I'm really struggling to get over 47 mpg out of it.

The car seems somewhat reserved to rev, sometimes it will go quite well and other times it doesn't seem interested?

The EGR valve is clean, but I could move the egr valve out from its 'home' position with just my finger. Is this normal?

Any other ideas would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate,

Yeah there is air in the fuel line. Whenever the car is left there is always air present in the priming bulb to filter line.

When the car is running you can sometimes see air present in another one of the fuel lines near to the fuel pump!

Not sure how to correct this though?

Thanks for your reply :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
Just wondering if the dci's have a low pressure fuel pump in the tank at all?

I'm trying to get my clio running properly since being rebuilt and having new valves and I'm really struggling to get over 47 mpg out of it.

The car seems somewhat reserved to rev, sometimes it will go quite well and other times it doesn't seem interested?

The EGR valve is clean, but I could move the egr valve out from its 'home' position with just my finger. Is this normal?

Any other ideas would be much appreciated :)

Thanks
I dont know the vehicle,but definitely if that is diesel it wont have tank fuel pump.:loser:

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Really? The 100s of diesels I've seen with in-tank pumps must be in my imagination then. P.S. is that a spam link?

madnoel is right :iagree:

Try putting cling film round the priming bulb.
Would be interesting to know which diesel models have a fuel pumps in the tank. It would be very helpful information for other members.

As yet I haven't come across a Renault diesel car with an in-tank scavenge pump so any information would be much appreciated.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.