Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have searched to try and find a link with the same issues im having but cant pinpoint any.
Today i was driving along the motorway at 80mph in 5th gear when i suddenly felt a loss in power. With my foot still on the gas the speedo started dropping to 70mph and no longer had any acceleration.
Once off the motorway it appeared i had lost all power. (as if the turbo wasnt working) and what sounded like a deep blowing noise from under the car.
has anyone had this problem? or know what it might be.

ive not had any issues with my clio. 53plate 1.5 dci

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,
yes its still running but seems to have no turbo (acceleration power) and is making a rough blowing sound from underneath.
but yes its running, starting and driveable just with very little power.

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
hi could and say could be the metal tube that comes from exhaust to the egr that's come adrift cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was this an easy issue to resolve yourself at home. i have limited skills but have sorted things in the past through research.

cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bit tricky regarding getting the clip to clip back together, big pair of side cutters to get it to close, but other than that its easy, two clips to release by twisting where they clip together, persuade the old pipe off then rebuild!

·
remember Murphy never sleeps
8,239 Posts
hi nobbie yes it is easy sitting at home but that's the point of the forum the easy part is saying this or that and not having to actually do it, you do it in your own time, at your own pace the point is you're asking and looking not just asking never to be seen or heard of again. keep it going he who dares wins cheers :d

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the boost, from the links on this site I've done discs and pads and some simple engine work so it has really helped. (Having never done these things before) Thanks to all who respond and help everyone out.

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice.
I removed the airbox and unbolted the egr and removed it. It's was well clogged up. Then I noticed the pipe behind it had popped off. (The blowing noise from my original post).
I removed the seals and replaced them putting the clasp back around the pipe. Put the now clean egr back in and car is running perfect with all it's power and no blowing noise.

Thanks to all who helped.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts