Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was pretty much at a stand still in traffic when the 'electronics' warning light came on (the one with the box with the electric current through it then the long pigs tail underneath), my car suddenly wouldn't go any higher then 2,000 revs with my foot fully down, even when i didn't have foot on accelerator it was still showing reving at 2,000. I had to literally crawl to find a safe place to stop. I came back later in the day to tend to the car....i turned on the ignition and the warning light didn't come on!? I was also able to drive home perfectly and have drove to work the last 2 days without any trouble!?

Any idea what might've triggered the warning light to come on and the engine to play-up? Also should i get it checked out?

Thanks.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
The warning light comes on when the ECU detects a problem on one of the many engine sensors. When this happens the engine is put into "limp mode" which limits the revs to prevent engine damage. There should be a fault code logged in the ECU which an auto electrician / Dealer will be able to read.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply Chris, much appreciated!

I'll get it checked out at the weekend then!

Hopefully will get me to & from work tomorrow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts