Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. i need help is there anyone out there completed a engine swap in a 2000 W reg Mk2 1.4 16valve clio?
I have purchased a good second hand clio engine out of a 04model 49000miles.
The haines manual sugests that you drop the engine and gearbox after removing the sub frame can this engine not be lifted out by means of a hoist, any help with engine and gearbox removal proceedure would be very helpful.

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have just done a Kangoo diesel swop, same as more or less, haynes said subframe out for this too but we didnt, managed to hoist it out no problem leaving the subframe in, lot less work and plent of room to get it out n back in :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah was full lot out in one :) much easier to spit gearbox on floor out of car and put on new engine, hate doing clutches while engine is in car lol!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i am not being funny, however i thought this was the place to post qustions for problems with renos i thought my question was genuine CAN YOU TAKE A RENAULT CLIO ENGINE OUT FROM THE TOP USING A HOIST???? PLEASE ASSIST thanks

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
ok i am not being funny, however i thought this was the place to post qustions for problems with renos i thought my question was genuine CAN YOU TAKE A RENAULT CLIO ENGINE OUT FROM THE TOP USING A HOIST???? PLEASE ASSIST thanks
Calm down eh.. Who said you were being funny ?

Your question was genuine and from what I can see from the thread you did get an answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts