Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately had a major disaster with my clio. whilst driving the other day had done approx 15 miles and everything running fine when suddenly smoke started pouring out of the dashboard, obviously pulled over immediately jumped out and noticed flames from the bottom of the engine, by the time the fire brigade arrived the whole front was ablaze and the car is now a complete wreck. As yet have no idea what caused the fire and doubt if I ever will judging by the state of the car. Just wondering if anybody else has suffered such a problem and possible cause.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad you are ok. Not heard of this on a Clio, but I'm guessing it could be wiring, fuel leak or the dreaded turbo. Where there any warning signs, dip in revs, lights on dash. Had it once on a meastro, fuel pipe split and fuel pooled on the exhuast manifold, i saw the revs fluctuate and as i pulled over heard a pop, looked under the front saw the flames ans baled out. Engineers report was inconclusive as you would expect, but I had just had a breakdown service out to a leak on a fuel hose 2 days before so I think that was the cause.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:)

I haven't heard of any other Clios catching fire either.It must have been a pretty frightening experience!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts