Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving my 04 clio my central locking keeps enabling and disabling this can happen 300 times in a 30 min drive and sometimes not at all, on a straight and even road or a bumpy road. Also on unlocking the car first thing it locks back up again so I need to unlock again. Sure it has a mind of its own. When parked its fine prob is when being driven. I have taken to my local garage they cant find anything wrong. Do I really need to take to renault garage?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

This sounds very much like the RAID (Renault anti intrusion device...or somesuch). If it is, it is supposed to do this! The idea is that when you start to drive off, over a certain speed the doors will lock so that if you pull up at any traffic lights or a junction it stops people being able to quickly open your door/boot etc and steal things!

If it is indeed the RAID then you can deactivate it by holding down the central locking 'lock' button (the static one in the car not on the key fob) for around 3-5 seconds. Likewise, to activate it you need to hold the central locking 'unlock' button for 3-5 seconds.

Hope that helps. If it's not the issue please do post here again ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for message tho it didnt work, even Renault garage are unable to find a fault as it was behaving itself on that day. This is a nightmare have an 8 hour drive on sun dont fancy having that going on and off continously, will have to play music louder lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help needed - 2002 Clio :)

I have owned my clio for one year now and not had many problems :d

the one re occuring problem i do have with my clio is when i am driving or parked the doors lock and unlock automatically... the interior light would not turn of and the light on the dash board says there is a door open somewhere. I removed the interior light and the locking and unlocking is getting worse now.. it can do it constantly.. the center console button will have the red light on and of and i feel there must be a fault within it. I have had it to the garage on a few occasions but it has not done it while there.

It clicked for a whole day the other day so i decided to remove the central locking fuse.. it stopped the clicking but disabled the whole car from working...

Any advice on this would be muchly appreciated as i am at a loose end with it! :confused:

G

·
Re: Help needed - 2002 Clio :)

Do you have the anti intrusuion activated...ie the car auto locks when you pull away?

I guess it might be worth trying to deactivate it if you do, hold the dash button in the unlock position for 5 seconds or so

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Help needed - 2002 Clio :)

Do you have the anti intrusuion activated...ie the car auto locks when you pull away?

I guess it might be worth trying to deactivate it if you do, hold the dash button in the unlock position for 5 seconds or so

Yes i do so i think the fault is within this. I have tried to hold it in but it just seems to click a little more? :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
While driving my 04 clio my central locking keeps enabling and disabling this can happen 300 times in a 30 min drive and sometimes not at all, on a straight and even road or a bumpy road. Also on unlocking the car first thing it locks back up again so I need to unlock again. Sure it has a mind of its own. When parked its fine prob is when being driven. I have taken to my local garage they cant find anything wrong. Do I really need to take to renault garage?
I have this problem too! The clicking sound only happens when the ignition is running. The car locks fine when the car is "off". Holding in the button on the dashboard does not work.... can anyone help please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had a look at the striking plate and it doesn't appear to have moved in any way. All the light on the dashboard suggest that the doors are all closed. The clicking starts as soon as I turn the key forward for electrics. The car has been run on the basic diagnostic and the garage were unable to switch off the automatic locking using the diagnostic machine or by holding in the dashboards lock button. Any advise would be appreciated greatly. Thanks Robin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Renaultforum-Members, i got the same problems like the thread-opener 4 years ago. Anybody knows a solution to stop the crazy locking and unlocking while driving?
Or do I really have to change all the parts to get the spooky ghost outside? (button in the dash, doorlocks or even the ECU for all electronical-comfort features?)

Thanks in advance for all tips to get this sorted.

·
Premium Member
3,612 Posts
I suspect water somewhere, shorting something out.

I recently had an issue with my tailgate release, it would release as soon as unlocked by key fob; I suspected condensation or water running into the push button switch thingy from above inside the hatch, soaked it in WD40, sorted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.