Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently converted my clio mk 2 phase 1 headlights to dual optics. They are now fitted and working. The full beam and dipped beam work fine independantly but I have been told they can be wired so that when the full beam is selected, both full and dipped beam come on simultaneously. I have read somewhere that a fuse can be fitted in the fusebox which will instigate this. However, the fusebox in the mk2 phase 1 does not have this facility and wonder if it would be advisable to install a relay so that when full beam is selected, the 12volts feeding the full beam is also connected to a relay which in turn feeds the 12 volts to the dipped beam causing both lights to actuate together.

Your experts thoughts please.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Lagtdi for your input, your response is certainly worth taking into consideration (UCH). I will probably have a test drive on the relay idea and keep you posted. Any other info on this mod would be appreciated. Regards Terry.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
I ain't certain the model is this post has UCH controlled lighting

Normally the direction of the voltage would flow to the dipped headlight via the UCH but if powered from another source the voltage is likely to flow in the oppposite direction.

UCH's are similar to ECU's in some ways and like many electronic devices they don't take kindly to voltage flowing in the wrong direction.

Or in the words of Corporal Jones (Dads Army) - they don't like it up em Mr Mainwaring.:d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.