Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just signed up to this excellent forum site where Renault car owners can discuss issues and help one another with their problems.

I bought a M reg Renault Clio RN, MK1, 1.2L last year and when winter had arrived, I had my car serviced and had the water/coolant changed with new anti-freeze put in. I had this done by a local garage person and he couldn't find a bleeder on the car and had to maually bleed the air out himself and everything was in working order i.e. the fan does come on. I then drove my car for a while and noticed no hot/warm air was coming into to my car. It comes for about 3 seconds and the disappears again and returns to cold air!

I would reallyt like to ask what my main gripe is here??! Where is the bleeder and do the MK1 Clio's have a bleeder?
Is there a problem with my matrix? I have been advised to use radflush?!

Please help as it's freezing in my car!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
when the car is warmare the two heater pipes under the bonnet going into the car warm if not the heatermatrix my be blocked when the coolent was dropped out , also if the cooling system has not been bleed up corret there may be an air block the bleed screw are normally on top of the radiatot top corner,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Clio Heater Matrix

Early Clio Matrix very guilty of clogging up, both heater hoses in the engine bay will be warm to touch but coolant will not be going through heater ,it only goes in ,down one side and out the other hose, this engine is 1171cc E type and is easy to fill with coolant ,you can try an engine flush, but i doubt it, but best option is to take both heater hoses off engine and put a garden hose on each pipe to reverse flush through heater, but in almost every occasion the matrix will have to be renewed, this corrosion is caused by infrequent coolant changes and these smallbore pipes get clogged solid, I have fitted 2 new matrix units for this reason, not recommended, but try everything else first
hope this helps MK 1 Clio heater system is great when matrix is clear

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have got a 57 plate clio mark 2 shape,i have just had a head gasket done on it and i hear water gurgling through the heater matrix,is this normal for a clio? it is a 1.2 8 valve engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same probllem guys,my entire system doesn't work,so i have no air conn or heater at all,just wont switch on,any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I have the same problem, my fan doesn't work (either hot or cold) it wont work!! I had the same this kind of problem about 1and1/2 year ago, and I spent around 200£ to get it fixed; It can't happen again!
Please somebody tell me that is not the same problem!! is any chance that it could be a fuse problem? It was working untill 2 days ago, then started to work every now and then, and now it has stopped completely!! :-(

HEEELLP!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it started to work only intermittently and has now stopped it is unlikely to be a fuse. It will either be dampness in the connector to the fan motor or it will be the brushes of the motor not making a clean contact to the rotor.

If you have a Haynes manual for your car the first is easy to solve, just pull apart the connectors and clean and dry them. The second requires the fan blower assembly to be removed from the car and for the motor to be removed and cleaned (this isn't in the Haynes manual). It's an easy enough job if you're an experienced car DIY'er and familiar with electrics/electronics. My Clio had exactly this problem last winter and it took me a couple of hours to get it out of the car, strip the motor out, clean it and re-fit it all back into the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it started to work only intermittently and has now stopped it is unlikely to be a fuse. It will either be dampness in the connector to the fan motor or it will be the brushes of the motor not making a clean contact to the rotor...

Many thanks for the above info as am having the same problem. I have a clio RXE 1.6 and the heater does not work at all. I got it through private sale so expected a few glitches.. am not able to take care of the problem myself so will have to get someone who can! fingers crossed thats all the problem is.
Ange x

·
Registered
76 Posts
I cured my heating problem by pulling off the hose for the inlet and outlet at the heater matrix, then pouring some brick cleaner in and let it sit for 5 mins to degrade all the sludge. then flush the matrix out with a hose. and that sorted my heating problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts