Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my clio mk1 1993 hesitation when cold but once its warm no problem runs fine with no faults and how can i fix this problem? sometimes its worse and sometimes it may not do it at all? could it be the automatic choke? or a sensor?

Stuart

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
hi my clio mk1 1993 hesitation when cold but once its warm no problem runs fine with no faults and how can i fix this problem? sometimes its worse and sometimes it may not do it at all? could it be the automatic choke? or a sensor?

Stuart
Is it petrol?
I'd start with the inlet air temperature sensor, located on the inlet manifold or near it or the coolant sensor somewhere around the thermostat housing.
Both can be tested with a multi meter.
:)

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
thanks for the reply yeah its petrol
what do i need to set the multi meter at? and what kinda readings am i looking for to know its good or bad?

thanks Stuart
I tested the inlet sensor with a hair drier {use the wifes if you don't own one!} and a multi meter set to ohms.
On you tube loads of good vid's,better than trying to describe here.
Do the same for the coolant temp' sensor, all you have to do is locate it first.
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.