Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have been on this forum last with a fault but had no response, Clio service & airbag light on all the time. I have had it checked to day he used a snapon unit to test he cleared off all old faults and reset and just one now showing ( 179 ) Front side sensor curcuit off side no signal.. can any body tell me what this is....Thank's..

D

·
0 Posts
I'd say that's a pretty conclusive "front o/s crash sensor no signal", ie: the front offside (driverside in the uk) sensor has a broken wire.
As for location, cant help, but probably in the front bumper/headlight/wing sort of area

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Danthevan for your reply
It looks like what say, I have had a look in the Haynes Manual and i can see a Driver's side impact sensor in the wiring diagram with two wires to it. I've had a quick look under the bonnet and behind the grill but can't see any thing that i'm looking fore. Can anybody help me out with one.. Thank's..

D

·
0 Posts
Can you not see the colours of the wires on the wiring diagram and trace it that way?
There isn't much on the bodywork over that side

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi yes i can see the wiring from the impact sensor in the manual 2 wires one pink & one green gose back to the air bag modual that's by the gear lever with all the rest of the airbag system.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
We had a similar problem on our Clio when it was new, it turned out to be the wiring under the seat which was something to do with the airbag. Whenever I drive the car I push the seat all the way back and this was disconecting the wire. Renault fitted a longer wire and the problem no longer exists.

D

·
0 Posts
I seem to have every bit of info except for location!
All you can do (until you get an answer) is try and find a pink and a green wire that go into the wing / bumper sort of area

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank's Danthevan I'll wait untill tomorrow and try to follow the wiring back from the airbag module into the loom and see wear it takes me. Thank's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Dantheman Sorry that i've not got back to you i have been trying to get back on with the when i can, I have found out that the o/side crash sensor is under the drivers seat bolted to the sill with the pink & green wires, I have removed the switch and unpluged it checked the pins nice and clean. In the Haynes Manual it also showes a crash sensor under the passenders seat very hard to get too i'm going to try check the wiring to that one to day. I have found a body shop not to far away i'll get their today and see if he will let try a crash sensor of his. ( with luck )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts