Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mk1 Clio 1.2 - Will Mk2 engine fit?

Hi All,
I am a post virgin so heres my first. I spent a lot of last night looking at the various threads but couldnt find the answer to my question, which is, can I put a Mk2 engine into my MK 1 Clio?

I'm new to Clio's as my Laguna cambelt snapped last Sunday so had to get this on the quick.

At 36yrs young, so I'm not a boy racer but would like it to be a little nippy I guess, so I will check out the other threads on that.
:d

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
I ain't sure if the lsrger engine would fit but I would suspect you would have ECU conflicts:)
Then there connecting up the ancillaries.

P

·
0 Posts
Threads merged

Hi MJF, read through the rest of this thread. It's a few questions merged together but all MK I 1.2 based, so some of it may still be applicable :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help Help Help!! 1.8 16v Conversion!

i have a 1.2 1995 show car clio an i have jus picked up a 1993 1.8 16v to go in. i am scappin the abs but keeping brakes does any1 no anything about if i have to change inside wiring loom as it does match up in box in engine bay??????
also fuel pump???
rear beam or should hubs fit on beam at moment obvious the handbrake cable will have to be done as i have drums an i am converting to discs!!

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE
Help Help Help!! 1.8 16v Conversion!

i have a 1.2 1995 show car clio an i have jus picked up a 1993 1.8 16v to go in. i am scappin the abs but keeping brakes does any1 no anything about if i have to change inside wiring loom as it does match up in box in engine bay??????
also fuel pump???
rear beam or should hubs fit on beam at moment obvious the handbrake cable will have to be done as i have drums an i am converting to discs!!

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE
Did you ever complete this build? Having issues matching the brown and white engine connector blocks at the moment. From a 96 ph3 1.2 8v body. With a 92 ph1.5 1.816v engine and loom

41 - 44 of 44 Posts