Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There

I have a 2004 Clio II 1.5dCi. I'm going to start servicing the car myself.
How long does a diesel filter last before it needs changing? ie after how many km's should I replace it?

Thanks
Cheers

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
I don't know what Renault recommend but in my opinion I would change it every 18,000 miles or 30,000Km.

I woulld also recommend changing engine oil and filter every 9,000 miles.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanx!

I'm actually gonna do the oil filter and air filter tommorrow, as well as the oil.
Will replace the diesel filter on the next service then :)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,926 Posts
When you do the fuel filter make sure you pump the fuel trough with the primer bulb until the filter is full before you try starting the engine and then keep it at a fast tick over for a min or two once it starts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I inquired to renault about their expert platinum service for cars of over 4 years. They said on my 1.5 Dci 06 model that the fuel filter will never need changing.

I was getting free services for the first 4 years of the cars life from another garage and they were ticking the service book for fuel filter change every 2 years. Can anyone explain whether this is correct or not?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Sounds like someone doesn't know what they are talking about. A diesel filter should be changed at least every two years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.

On some petrol models there is no external fuel filter - it may be they are confusing the model types.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts