Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intermittant wiper function no loger works, it operates as if it was switched to slow speed wipe, help. wiring diagram would be nice:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relay Checks

Thanks for that, I envisaged having to rip the dash apart to get to the electronic? timer, but relays seem to be a more logical option. I've already checked the Motor and slip rings etc., but nothing wrong there. Will check relays tomorrow, thanks for the timely tip.:cool:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi retiew, also be aware that the wiper stalks are prone to failure on the Clio2, might be worth while checking the multipin under the shroud is tight and has no corrosion or verdigris buildup.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twas a Fuse

Hi to you both, and once again thanks for the pointers. The relay one seemed to be most likely so I checked the fuse box (passenger footwell) and no identification for the relays. I did, however, look at the fuse allocations and I found 2 fuses that were wiper related, one of them being intermitant wiper timer fuse! I had identified the fusebox icon from the user manual. The fuse was red 10amp and was blown. I replaced it with the spare (must remember to get a replacement) and hey presto all is now well!
Why oh why do manufacturers no longer give us a schematic diagram? it would have helped me to get to the cause faster. Thanks for the final time and regards retiaw:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keeping up with the renault owners

Thanks for the invite Chris, I don't know how much I'll get from this, but I'll get online whenever I can. Cheers:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keeping Online

Just thought I'd let you in on my GHOF name/description, its Grey Haired Old F**T, as in ... well I expect you know the rest. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
clio 2 wipers

Hi guys, any ideas on the following.

We have a clio 2 the front wipers work fine, with intermittent ok. The washers dont work and the rear washers or wipers dont work.

The washer pump is fine, checked and confirmed. The rear wiper works when "short fed" but i have bought two wiper switches from ebay and so far no luck, .

Are there any control units anywhere?

or separate relays etc?

any info is well appreciated, and a wiper wiring diagram would be great,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Twas a Fuse

HI,
i am having a similar problem with my front wipers. whenever i use the screenwasher the wipers doesnt always work. i know where the fuses are except i have no diagram telling me what the hell they are. The one thing i do know is that i have recently replaced some relay fuses which were corroded and after that they did work. But now they have stopped working again.

if anyone has any ideas, i appreciate the advice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have found the problem.
the frontwipers/screenwasher will only work if the back wipers are turned off. not sure if thats a fault or if its normal???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts