Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Clio has started with some interesting behaviour. The ABS light has started coming on, but only on longer journeys. Just pottering around town, and even a bit of A-road work, it seems to stay fine.

From what we can figure out, the light appears to stay off as long as you keep the car below 60mph. Take it past that (certainly up to 70) and the warning light will come on. It'll then stay on for the remainder of the journey and may still be on if you drive the car later in the day, but it'll always be off again by the following morning.

Any idea what could be going on? I've done my best to clean the front ABS rings and sensors, though that's tricky when you can't get the wheels off because wifey has lost the tool for removing the centre cap.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,409 Posts
Often the rings crack and then can move on the shaft, I would have a very good look at them see if they feel loose in any way.

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ralph. I'll have a proper look at them when I get hold of a replacement wheel cover key. Access is very poor with the wheel still on, even with the steering on full lock and the car jacked up.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,409 Posts
Also check the cv joint gaiter is not leaking grease all over the sensors

·
Registered
9 Posts
same happen on mine 1st time the abs ring had a tooth missing and was very juddery at low speeds, and I had to have the drive shaft replace. 2nd time the ring cracked and became loose on the shaft. but luckerly now you can get replacement ABS rings instead of the whole shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.