Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was driving the Clio the other day and thinks the sunroof may be leaking. I have not had a chance to get into the car since, but no rain so ok.

It has the factory fitted glass tilt sunroof, is it likely that it is leaking. I'm guessing the seals may be getting on, is it possible to replace them or is there another known problem with these?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, having got a look at it in between the crazy showers yesterday it looks like blocked drainage holes.

The question now is:

How long are they?
Where do they come out?
What is the best kind of tool for cleaning them out?

·
Registered
68 Posts
My sunroof was leaking not to long ago you need to take the trim off inside around the sunroof undo the bolts inside the roof make them loose but don't take them out and from the outside seal it with silicone then tighten the bolts back up don't drive it for about an hour let the silicone set first. Mine hasn't leaked since

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife was driving the Clio the other day and thinks the sunroof may be leaking. I have not had a chance to get into the car since, but no rain so ok.

It has the factory fitted glass tilt sunroof, is it likely that it is leaking. I'm guessing the seals may be getting on, is it possible to replace them or is there another known problem with these?
hi check th x2 hindges that go into the sunroof frame if you remove the glass take the hinges off and bend the slightly refit this will allow the sunroof to close tighter around the seal

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi check th x2 hindges that go into the sunroof frame if you remove the glass take the hinges off and bend the slightly refit this will allow the sunroof to close tighter around the seal

That sounds like a sound idea, it does seem to creak a bit when you drive the car. Will give it a go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take the sunroof out and reseal it, it's as quick as cleaning up the silicone you have squidged all over the roof of the car, besides if you seal the outside it looks awful.
1. remove the glass
2. remove the rubber/fabric trim in the sunroof apeture.
3. pull down headlining, remove 10mm bolts around perimeter of frame(about 22)
4.disconnect 2 sunroof drains both front corners of sunroof frame.
5.lift out frame
6.remove old rubber seal from underside of sunroof frame, degrease fram and roof contact points.
7.apply 3mm bead of tigerseal pu adhesive around the middle of the frame perimeter(where the old seal was).Dont be tempted to use a larger bead as it WILL squidge out over the roof).
8. check sunroof drain pipes are clear(should be able to blow down them freely)
9.refit in reverse order, allow car to stand 4 hours for sealer to cure.

We have done 100's, roof will never leak again and no messy silicone sealer in sight!!

Hope this helps

Simon

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi can anyone tell me how to get the electric sunroof out of my clio rsi as all the other questions are manual sunroofs which seem relatively easy to do but not to sure about the electric ones. hope someone can help me with this matter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.