Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon inspection i jacked the vehicle up and the rear wheels are both very stiff to move, I don't know if maybe my how do we say "enthusiastic" driving style has broke it?

Theres around 3-4 mil of pad left which i thought was fine. Discs are quite worn, just dont wanna fork out for 2 rear hubs if it doesnt rid the problem.
Any ideas please would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Upon inspection i jacked the vehicle up and the rear wheels are both very stiff to move, I don't know if maybe my how do we say "enthusiastic" driving style has broke it?

Theres around 3-4 mil of pad left which i thought was fine. Discs are quite worn, just dont wanna fork out for 2 rear hubs if it doesnt rid the problem.
Any ideas please would be greatly appreciated!
I had a similar problem on my 56 plate Clio. I also found the pad wear to be OK. However, the pads were not free moving in the support channels. I removed them, cleaned them off and then added copper grease on the guides. No more squeaking.

Ian

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the quick reply, will go to work and acquire some! :p just the ridge on the edge of my disc is thinking new discs aswel?

The car has only done 26k so maybe the first brake change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts