Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help me,
I changed a dipped bulb and it's now working, but the beam pattern is wrong. I had trouble seating the bulb, it's difficult to get it installed properly. Can anyone show me exactly what angle the bulb should go in, so it's fully seated?
It's the projector beam style, and bulb 448, (example picture below). Problem is the battery has to come out (passenger side) so I can't check if it's right without putting everything back in place, and we all know what a pain it is to get the battery box in and out!

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,054 Posts
I can't see on the picture but the flange on them usually have a flat side.
Rotate the bulb in the housing till it locates.... you may be able to use a mirror or your phone to see the matching location in the headlamp housing.
Doing that will put the blub in the right place, at the moment it sounds like you haven't.

·
Super mod..
28,368 Posts
Absolute pain to change the bulbs on this car..best way is to remove front bumper and then the headlamp units.. faff around by all means but for around the 40 mins taking the front bumper off against getting it wrong the other way would rather take the bumper off..

·
Super mod..
28,368 Posts
Not to bad on the clio but best to have 2 people than struggle on your own..thats what kids are for.. 😄

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thank you guys, I shall have another look at the weekend. Yes the bulb has a "D" shaped flange, but I couldn't see a D shaped recess in the plate it sits in, but there is a small tab sticking out (only about 2mm across), I guess the flat part of the D has to butt up against that.
Hadn't thought of using my phone, that's a good idea ... hope I have a phone small enough to get down to the back of the unit and point the camera in!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,276 Posts
Don’t know about the Clio but the flat/tab on the bulb was at about 7 o’clock in the Megane 2 headlight.
The bulb would actually seat in several positions but the beam pattern was terrible if not fitted as above.
HTH

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,174 Posts
You could connect the battery up temporarily with jump leads to check it's working.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don’t know about the Clio but the flat/tab on the bulb was at about 7 o’clock in the Megane 2 headlight.
The bulb would actually seat in several positions but the beam pattern was terrible if not fitted as above.
HTH
Ok, thank you, I'll see if that works.!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts