Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2006 1.4 Clio III Dyn S.

I have had an annoying clicking noise from the steering wheel since buying the car which seems to come from the air bag ring - there seems to be play in the ring & it doesn't move immediately the steering wheel is tuned, hence the click.

Does anyone else have this problem - it's pretty minor but becomes annoying after a while.

All replys appreciated, garv

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Take it to the dealer immediately stating you have heard noises from the airbag area. State you have serious safety concerns - like will the airabag suddenly inflate without warning or not work at all in the event of an emergency. I'm not saying there is necessarily a safety issue but in my experience raising the issue of safety tends to get a better responce from dealers - failing a satisfactory repsonse and your still not happy conatct Renault Customer Services -clearly stating you safety concerns. Let us know what happens and good luck:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i seem to have a similar prooblem with this and it is annoying i have a clio mark 2 phase 3 i think the campus module before the new shape and a loud click or clunk occurs when i first get into the car and turn steering wheel but this can be temporarily fixed by adjusting the steering height up and or down where no noise will be present for some while but then comes back again. i have taken it too three different dealers and they say no fault has been found and this is frusterating as its intermitent which to them is ok, they have told me if the problem gets worse then they will consider fixing.

:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am rather new here. last week my steering wheel - and only when the engine is on- started to have a slight noise when turning to the right or left for 10cm...:confused:
It is not very annoying still but maybe in the future it could get worse:crazy:
As much as I could find was that it can be a spiral or ring from under/in the steering wheel. because the sound comes only from that area:jawdropping:
Can it be dangerous? Inflating airbag:mad: during a journey?
I have to say there is no light on the clocks. The bad news is that the waranty expired in November:d ....and does anyone know roughly how much would is cost to repair it?
Thanks a lot to anyone who can reply on this.

Best wishes to all,

Adam

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you checked the Ball Joint? This is a common failure with the Renault range and not as easy to spot. Some garages wont fix this straight away because it doesn't actually affect the steering, this makes an annoying noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts