Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a 1998 Clio 1.2 .. late MK 1

I've looked at some other forum posts here about immobiliser problems but my problem seems a bit different..

I bought the car second hand recently, and the immobiliser worked for a few days, but now it is always OFF (and the central locking doesnt work when I press the key fob so I have to open the car doors manually using the key only). The red LED light inside the car on the central locking switch is OFF and does not light up or flash at all now (regardless of if I press or hold down the switch) but when pressing this switch the door locks do open/close though, so the switch seems to do 'something' as opposed to having completely failed..

My car does actually start and work fine, so i'm not sure what to do, should I even attempt to repair the immobiliser? My main problem is for some reason I cant lock/unlock the driver side door manually with my key (or by hand/using force). So I have to climb through the passenger side every time I want to get in and out of the car, and thus always leave the driver side door locked.

Any thoughts anyone please? I'm not sure how I can fix my immobiliser, but should I even try, since I can actually start my car just fine! I'd be really grateful if anyone knows why I can manually lock and unlock the passenger side door fine with the key, but not the drivers side!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Immobiliser works fine because the car starts.
Try a dose of oil in the door lock and lots of in and out with the key. The door lock may have been replaced by prevoius owner and a different key is required. You could get the lock barrel off and let a local key cutter have a look.
Dunno about the remote though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts