Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently purchased an induction kit off ebay. The mechanics who sold it me reassured me it will fit my vehicle, as did the on-page compatibility checker.

I have a Renault Clio MK II 2003 vehicle which has the standard airbox installed. I've taken the top section of the airbox off and I am now left with the holder.

I'm not quite sure where abouts my induction kit is to be installed and/or how to remove this holder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Hello,
A little more information is needed for me or anyone else to help you out here. First off what engine are we talking about here? And second what make of induction do you have. Any pics would help. Thanks ***128513;

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Had a look its obviously a universal kit and not specific to your engine or even a clio. You will have to do a few modifications in order to get it to fit properly. Your best bet in my opinion would be to scrap the idea of a full on cold air induction and and just get a k&n panel filter fits right into your standard air box just replaces the paper one. Allows for much better airflow and gives a nice noise out the back end. Another bonus is that you do not have to declare a panel filter to your insurance company keeping that premium down. I myself have a 1.2 16v Clio same model as yourself with a panel filter. I originally was going to try the same with cold air induction but for the amount of work its not worth it the gains in power will be very similar with either one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts