Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there mates.
On a Clio IV 2014.
I've been searching across the WHOLE internet about my issue and I can't seem to find an answer.
My issue is as follows:
My mirror control joystick has BROKEN (luckily after i could somehow manage to get it adjusted pretty well).
The part, which looks like this in pic1

(Part no. 8200676529 or 8200214921)
not only costs 30$ USD + , but also got refunded after It never arrived, now
I couldn't believe it would be such an unpleasant experience to find it. Now i can't find it over the internet, let alone in my country.

My Question is:
There are those parts like 8200676533 which looks exactly the same , with the same 10-pin socket, BUT the 10pin socket is on the other side, it looks actually the same but you will judge it better than me.

these parts like in pic2 are originally for Clio 3 (even up to 2016-7) and costs like 9$ USD max and available like water.

Can I use it? will be okay?
as for harming the motors and etc.
It really looks the same , just upside down.

What would you guys do?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,081 Posts
I think they're the same- what matters is if the number of pins (10) matches, although that upside-down configuration looks odd, was yours really like that? - but beware- I used a cheap replacement and I believe it burnt out the motors in the mirrors. I will be getting a genuine part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they're the same- what matters is if the number of pins (10) matches, although that upside-down configuration looks odd, was yours really like that? - but beware- I used a cheap replacement and I believe it burnt out the motors in the mirrors. I will be getting a genuine part.
I really wish I could go and find OEM parts , they're just out of reach , checked everything and everywhere.

What you said concerns me the most - the motors , I don't want to damage them. I read on some AliExpress ads that people actually burned the motors so yeah it's true. Why is that? Are they really that low quality ? They're ranging from 3$ to 9$ for the better parts , which might be better and have better love from people of course.
OR maybe could I order the part (even the garbage one) just to remove it's joystick (which is extremely gentle and breakable) to replace mine and job done?

My inner mechanism is working ,it's just that joystick that broke.
You are awesome btw, thanks for the quick response :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,081 Posts
It didn't occur to me before, but it looks like the difference in orientation is between left-hand and right-hand drive so that it fits in the armrest. But I've never seen it referred to in any listing. If that's the case, you would just have to get used to the action being reversed. I wouldn't be happy trying to change the joystick- I would assume that if the switch is chuffed, it's chuffed.
Thanks for the reference to burning out motors- I hadn't seen that but it's very useful to know. The switch doesn't actually seem to turn off the power to the motors- that seems to be done by a current-sensing circuit, I assume in the ECU. That's why my suspicion of the Chinese switches is just that- a suspicion.
There are usually a few listing on ebay but you would have to persuade them to ship to you.
If all else fails, you can just push the driver's side mirror in by hand if you're trying to get in a garage or driveway. Not the other side of course but it makes the car a bit narrower. That's what we're doing at the moment. It got easier when we took a gate off.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,103 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
modus 2007 to 2012 is the same part number
That's the part with no risks involved , and this is the guy I ordered from before.
He said he won't have these parts ever again and will refund you after a day.
Like spacecadet said,
Guess all there is left is to order the best of the cheap ones , and check it out.
Will have to carefully check it though with a multimeter see that all circuits looks the same with same/close enough resistances and same pinout inside.

Hope to get it working asap.
Thank you too 😘

1 - 6 of 6 Posts