Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
does anybody know if it's possible to swap headlights in Clio IV by replacing H7 based lamps with LED lamps?
Does it require any additional modifications or it's just plug and play solution?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,467 Posts
Very straightforward swapping the blub.

BUT.....
Reflectors for Halogen lamps (standard fitting) are not suitable for many LED "so called" H7 replacements.
They will not focus correctly, likely to blind other drivers and should fail an MOT with the rules that came in recently.

May also give false readings on Canbus re bulb failures and may cook your wiring depending on how good any heatsinks are.

You can get proper LED bulbs that are (supposedly) a direct replacement but tend to be expensive.... I saw a set for over 100 quid a blub the other day

Similar problems should you think about HID bulbs BTW.

Think on the higher intensity halogens if you really feel the need for brighter lights, Philips and Osram make versions (150% brighter etc), I would avoid no name, cheapo ones.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Retrofitted LEDs are illegal and 100% MOT failure. They may work in projector housings just not reflector type. I settled with Phillips white vision ultra to be safe. NOT LED white, but a lot whiter and no worries about blinding and MOT. They are whiter behind the wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts