Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just been recovered in my little MkII Clio. Recovery driver isn't too sure it will start in the morning. Normally i turn my key 3/4 of the way and my imobiliser light goes off, i turn the last bit and the engine starts. Now i turn the key 3/4 of the way and the imobiliser light goes mental - revovery driver thinks my car isn't reading the key and i need to get a new key or get mine reprogrammed (i only have one), only problem is i dont want to take it to renault as they totally did me over recently and i really dont trust them. Any ideas would be welcomed. Ta

L

·
0 Posts
It sounds like the transponder chip in the key isn't being picked up by the receiver ring, this could be a fault with the key or the ring, the ring is universal, but the key is unique.

It's unlikely that a transponder chip will fail, did the recovery guy test it to see if it was sending a signal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi
no, he didn't check the key, from what i could see (and i dont know a great deal about engines), he just un-attached the battery and put it back on, i didn't see him do anything else

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eek, ok so it started fine this morning but mid way through my journey to work the warning light came on (the one that looks like a trumpet) and according to my 'Your Vehicle in Brief' that means that there is a fault with the transmission - would this be in any way related to the key issue or is it separate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts