Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both the keys for my Y reg Clio (2001 Grande RN) will not sart the car as they will not de-activate the immobilizer ( the flashing light keeps flashing)
I have changed the batteies and taken the keys to a locksmith who told me that niether key had a chip in it, and without the chip the car won't start.
What I don't understand is how can a start a car one minute, and then fail to start the car next time without taking the chip out of the key.
The last time this happened I was on the 7th floor of a multi-storey car park and so getting my car recovered was a nightmare!
My car is now un-usable and worthless unless I can get a key that starts it without forking out hundreds of pounds to a main dealer.
I can't even drive the car to a main dealer!

Is there a way of getting a key that works for a reasonable cost.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

Sorry no one has answered your query as yet. It's not one that I'd be able to help with myself I'm afraid. Whilst you are awaiting a response it may prove fruitful to utilise the search facility. Input immobiliser and I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads whereby people have had immobiliser issues, hopefully you might find an answer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Have now been able to by-pass the immobilizer thanks to REMOTE KEY LTD (0121 308 0819)
All they needed was the key number ( written inside the key and in the service book) which is programmed into a by-pass device.
This simply plugs into a socket under the ashtray, and both keys now work.
It cost £86.94 and arrive in 2 days.:d

L

·
0 Posts
One draw back to that system, if ever the car needs diagnostics, you won't be able to start the car to run them :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that information, but I think my dear old Clio is a bit long in the tooth for diagnosis. The next major problem will probably be terminal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts