Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help me please. I have a Renault Clio expression 2001 with a manual sunroof and like everyone else it leaks.
When I bought the car I was told the sunroof had already been permanently sealed shut so I've never opened it.
After a year of owning it, the sunroof started leaking so I had someone put tiger sealant on it, but now it's leaking even more. It mainly leaks over the passenger side by the sun visor and on the drivers side, one side of the sun visor and a bit by the top of the the door. You can see the cracks in the rubber seal.
I've read a couple of posts about fixing it by changing the seals and taking the sunroof out but I'm not confident enough to do that and I can't find anyone in the West Midlands area that fixes sunroofs. I even thought about getting my roof vinyl wrapped over the sunroof until I was told it wouldn't stick to the rubber. I would be really great full if anyone has any ideas what I could do or if anyone knows of anywhere I could take it.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Hi Beechy
Re-sealing the sunroof on a Clio isn't that hard a job and doesn't require many tools. I have had to do it on three different mk2 Clio's.
I think I have a step by step guide on here. Just follow the sequence.:smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts